BSA225, BSA226 - Final week | Post production

Putting together the sequences

Firstly I converted all EXR sequences in videos  with Adobe Media Encoder (so handy). Then I put the sequences together in Adobe Premiere because it is very easy to cut and move around. I noticed that many of my shots were very fast, so at the end or at the start of some sequences I added the corresponding EXR frame to extend it a little.

But to slow down a whole sequence I used Adobe After Effects,  because premiere did some weird effect, the image seemed to shake (?), so I exported the slower sequence from After and kept working on it in Premiere.

Color correction

I first tried exporting the video in Premiere and work on that in After for color correction and so. But some weird stuff happened when I split layers so I imported the whole Premiere project to After (I learned this with this video).

Then I made the image darker with Curves. I copied and pasted the effect between layers so I got the exact same amount of darkness. Here is a comparison between before and after:



On the last shot I added a little bit more of darkness because there's no much light on top of a shelf.
And I don't know why but some sequences have weird color displacements and this happened just in After Effects.






I couldn't fix it. Luckily it's just one or two frames so it's not that noticeable (I hope).

Title and credits

The last thing was the title and credits. I didn't know what font to use so I made a small "moodboard" in Word to compare some:


I ended up choosing Mad's Scrawl. In the credits I put the music sources which is only the music box because the rest I recorded myself. Then I added special thanks to my tutors and to some classmates who helped me quite a bit.

Comments