Gaming 102 - Week 16 | Making the final poster

For the final body of work I wanted to portrait Idris with a background that has a magical feeling. For the pose I took some inspiration from pictures of prophets and magicians. I collected some references in a small moodboard:



I took a few screenshots of the environment in Unity. I made sure to take the screenshots in play mode, so the particles appear in the frame. That wasn't that useful in the end actually, since it's a weird blue glowing line in the distance and I manipulated the image a lot in Photoshop to the point where it's not noticeable anymore.


I posed Idris looking straight and rendered the image with the camera looking upwards to her.


Then I placed both images (Idris and background) in Photoshop and started manipulating lighting and added some particles at the end. I followed some steps from these two tutorials, they were very useful. 
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NJQvRUfz9A
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_as7KA6Ujk0
Here's the final piece!


Comments